Faq for artists
- What is IOX?
IOX-artindex (iox-artindex.com) is a professional platform dedicated to artists as well as to art collectors.
IOX allows you to view and constantly follow the trend of an artist though his exhibitions, the fairs in which he participates, articles, interviews and catalogs that are published, the galleries that follow the artist, all the news about his work and much more.
Collectors and art professionals may have an overall, up to date, reliable and certified framework of the movements and trends of thousands artists.
- Why IOX?
iox-artindex.com provides independent certification of the general trend of the artist and on every singly of his activity.
The goals that every artist reaches are the result of effort and constant work over time.
The quote of each artist and his works should be enhanced to increase the importance of the artist himself and his work towards collectors, galleries, critics, curators, etc. Through its team IOX independently assesses any artist's trend, i.e. any activity of the artist in the contemporary art circuit, and keeps updated all news relating to him.
Every collector needs this kind of information before selecting a project to buy, and every curator examines it before inserting an artist within a show.
Our independent certification ensures the reliability of the performances, exhibitions, awards and everything else included in the curriculum of an artist.
Through this, we facilitate the knowledge and the discovery of talented artists.
- How do I get started?
Creating an account on IOX is quick and easy.
Click on “ARTISTS - FREE ACCOUNT” on the homepage, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- What information can I put in my profile?
On your personal page of IOX you can insert:
-your personal information and a profile photo
-your artistic disciplines
-your contacts and reference galleries
-your presentation information
-news and upcoming events about you
-your artworks and videos
-all your past events, with their description and reference links
(exhibitions, awards, sales, fairs, auctions, festivals, publications, interview, workshop, commissions and projects)
- How do I enter an event?
Sign in to your personal page and click the link “add” located at the bottom of your activities chart.
You will be asked to insert the event type, a description and any related link.
The event will be visible on the chart once you save the entered information.
You can also see all your events list in text format by clicking “view text format” at the bottom of the chart.
- What kind of events can I enter?
You can enter these types of events:
- exhibitions (both personal and collective),
- awards (awards and recognitions that you have won),
- sales (in public and private collections),
- fairs (art fairs you have attended),
- auctions (presence of your work in auctions, both sold or unsold),
- festivals (festivals you have attended),
- publications (publications that concern you, or catalogues with critical articles about your work),
- interview (published or filmed interview),
- workshop (workshop in which you have participated or that you have arranged),
- commissions (works commissioned by public or private institutions, such as museums, foundations, etc.),
- projects (projects that you have created or that you have arranged).
* when you enter an event we suggest you to carefully insert the details and links of the event.
This is important for the correct and understandable reading of the event by visitors and collectors. It will also allow the team of IOX to understand better the aspects and relevancy of the event, with the aim of a correct and independent assessment of your trend.
- How many events can I enter?
You can enter unlimited events that concern you.
- How does IOX value an event?
Every submitted event is verified and checked by our system.
The trend's assessment is carried out by comparing the event with events already evaluated by our team.
IOX has developed a database of thousands of events with a defined value for each one. If the inserted event is equal to an event that already exists in our database, it will take the same assessment.
If the event has not been evaluated, our team will create a new assessment by entering the event between two trends as similar as possible (one higher and the other one lower) and consequently it will give an intermediate value to the event.
In this way, the IOX database is constantly evolving, allowing a comparison more precise and definite.
This ensure the independence of the evaluations of all the trends of the artists that are part of the IOX circuit.
The database is also checked continuously in order to regularly adjust the values of the trend to the changes of the professional importance of the galleries, museums, fears, prizes, awards, etc.
An important element were introduced with the propose of ensuring maximum transparency and independence to the evaluation:
- report of abuse (for more information see “I have received a report of abuse. What should I do?).
The artists themselves, the collectors and the visitors, in addition to our team, monitor and control the transparency, independence and professionalism of the IOX system.
- I have received a report of abuse. What should I do?
The person that has received a report of abuse doesn't has to do anything. Our team will deal with the verification of each report.
The IOX system allows anyone to report an abuse against a trend. An event may be reported as an abuse when the information is false or misleading.
This control system is useful and necessary to ensure the professionalism and independence of our certifications.
The account of an artist which has received 3 reports of abuse that have been verified as real abuses afterwards, will be suspended or permanently deleted from our system, depending on the severity of the abuses.
On the other hand, a user who has reported 3 abuses that have been subsequently verified as false and not real abuses, will be definitely denied access to report abuses.
- Who can download my dossier?
The pdf dossier can be downloaded by anyone.
- What information is included in the dossier?
The dossier is comprised of the following elements:
- date of updating of the dossier
- information about the artist and the value of his general trend
- photo and information about the artist (artistic disciplines, contacts, links, galleries, presentations, etc.)
- 2 trend charts (one related to the activities of the past year, and another one related to all the recorded activities)
- list in text list format of all the events and submitted activities, with their details
- news and upcoming events of the artist
- 4 images or videos frames related to the artist's work, including their details
- How can I change the artworks included in the dossier?
The system inserts in the dossier the images of the first 4 works presented in your personal page.
To move the images to the top of the list, and therefore including them in the dossier, you have to go to your personal page and click on the button “move to top” under each image that you want to move.
- How and when is the dossier updated?
The dossier is updated automatically whenever your information is modified. This means that the dossier is always up to date.
- I can't upload images. How do I do it?
Check the format of the picture. It must be one of the following: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, or .bmp.
Check that the image isn't bigger than 5 MB.
Check that the photo doesn't have any special characters in the name, or semicolons (/&%￡:;:., etc.).
If after all these controls you are unable to upload a photo or video, please contact us through the link “support” on your personal page, located at the top right of the page.
- I have found a bug in the system. How can I report it?
If you notice a bug in the system, please let us know by sending an alert through the contact form.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- How can I contact you?
If you have a registered account, you can contact us directly from your personal page through the link “support”.
If you are a visitor, a collector, etc. and would like to have general information, you can contact us by clicking on the link “contact us” located on the bottom left of the site.